Covid-19 has shaken the whole world. Each day thousands of new cases arise from around the world and thousands are dying everyday fighting this pandemic. This is a tough time for each of us. Many small industries, especially the hospitality industry are affected greatly by this pandemic. With no special treatment for this disease, the only thing we can do to avoid it is social distancing.
COVID-19 (corona-virus) has been sweeping the news and we are seeing and feeling the impacts of a pandemic. Many places are starting to either close, have limited hours, or add new safety precautions. Many workplaces are encouraging and/or requiring their employees to work from home. Schools have been shutting down or similarly changing to an online format. Public shared spaces like theaters and community environments are starting to shut down as well.
Some are worried about the corona-virus, but many are just worried about the impact of all these changes. How do we stay sane during this whole process? Many of the clients and friends I have talked to feel that they will be fine but state that it still feels like the end of the world. These people are currently not afraid of the virus; they are afraid of isolation, anxiety, and depression.
What is Social Distancing?
Social distancing is to physically keep people away from each other to help stop the spread of a virus. By limiting social interaction, it prevents sick people from coming in contact with healthy people and spreading illness.
COVID-19 is spread by coming into contact with the respiratory droplets from an infected person. This can occur when someone with the virus coughs, sneezes or even talks near you. You may also come into contact with the virus when you touch surfaces where these droplets have fallen and then touch your face with your hands. People who don’t have any symptoms may still have the virus and can spread it to others in this way. That’s why everyone is being encouraged to keep their distance from others.
Social distancing doesn’t mean things have gotten out of control. In fact, it aims to prevent that from happening. It is done to “flatten the curve,” – which means it slows the spread of the virus, so there aren’t too many cases at once. This not only makes it less likely you’ll contract the virus, but it also stops hospitals from getting overwhelmed and being unable to provide proper care to those who need it.
Tips for social distancing
- Follow guidance from authorities where you live.
- Use UkeySmart to take control of home appliances.
- If you need to shop for food or medicine at the grocery store or pharmacy, stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Use mail-order for medications, if possible.
- Consider a grocery delivery service.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth or mask when around others, including when you have to go out in public, for example to the grocery store.
- Stay at least 6 feet between yourself and others, even when you wear a face covering.
- Avoid large and small gatherings in private places and public spaces, such as a friend’s house, parks, restaurants, shops, or any other place.
How the Hospitality Industry can practice Effective Social Distancing to avoid contacting Covid-19
Do you know you can run an effective day to day activities using the best Automation service – UkeySmart
To practice social or physical distancing effectively :
- Stay at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people
- Do not gather in groups
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings
As Covid-19 is a contagious disease, it spreads by simple touching or breathing in the infected area. And when people go to crowded areas, if any one of them is infected with the disease, it takes minutes to spread to each and every one of that crowd.
How UkeySmart Works in this situation:
- Smart controls; for example, UkeySmart helps in taking control of home appliances, controlling the fan, TV, air-condition, light bulb, door, etc through the phone helps a lot during this period.
- Room Service & Concierge: UkeySmart for Effective Bookings. We know that for room services (Hospitality sector and hotel industry) we have to dial-up and order the requirements. But with automation like UkeySmart, all you have to do is tap on your phone and ask for the things you need in your room.
- DIGITAL KEY: Using the Smart Key, you don’t have to touch the room locks to unlock the room and enter. Our smart technology works through Bluetooth, so by using your mobile phone, unlock the doors in a tap.
Automation Services are so amazing, use UkeySmart today and become a partner of this great automation service